Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ignition

Okay, I've figured out how to get this here kajigger to post things for me, so we're in business!

I'm bethini and this is where I keep my spoons. I love cooking and knitting (among other things), and that's probably the kind of stuff that's going to take up a lot of this space. I'll be using it to grumble, bitch, celebrate, show off pictures and generally shout about either or both of the aforementioned topics. If that doesn't sound like your cuppa tea, then maybe this isn't the blog for you.

I really should have begun this sort of thing when I had a witty anecdote on hand -- maybe something about the time Oscar Wilde and I went ice skating in Vermont and stole a tin of cocoa from a corner shop -- but I have no such tale, and instead will distract you with pictures and a quick and easy recipe which will allow you to lunch like me.

Very Easy Lunch

  • Filled pasta of some kind, like tortellini or ravioli
  • Broccoli, chopped into bite-sized florets
  • Zucchini, chopped into bite-sized bits
  • Parmesan cheese, finely grated
  • Chilli flakes, salt and pepper
  • Olive oil (or, better yet, oil that smoked tomatoes have been soaking in)
Adjust ingredient quantities to taste. Cook pasta and vegetables in a big bowl of boiling water, drain and pile artistically into a bowl. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with spices and shower with finely grated Parmesan. Chow down.

And now, a picture of what I did this afternoon with my wool winder:

No comments: